Veterans Counseling Center Opening : The newVeteransCounselingCenter will open on 20 December, 2011 at the Dixie Commons Complex 1643 S. Dixie Drive, Ste. 102. It will offer readjustment counseling on a wide range of psycho social services to eligible Veterans and their families in the effort to make a successful transition from military to civilian life. These services include:
- Individual and group counseling for Veterans and their families
- Family counseling for military related issues
- Bereavement counseling for families who experience an active duty death
- Military sexual trauma counseling and referral
- Outreach and education including PDHRA, community events, etc.
- Substance abuse assessment and referral
- Employment assessment & referral
- VBA benefits explanation and referral
- Screening & referral for medical issues including TBI, depression, etc.
Family members of combat veterans have been eligible for Vet Center readjustment counseling services for military related issues since 1979. If you, or a family member, served in any combat zone and received a military campaign ribbon (Vietnam, Southwest Asia, OEF, OIF, etc.) than your family is eligible for Vet Center services.
By Dave Estrovitz/Veterans Affairs